Sunday, August 15, 2010

Capsule Spot

I had some requests by friends to distill my travel-specific experiences down into mini-guides. I thought it was a good idea, to give some info that you might not find in a guide book, so I decided to do little capsules for different places I visited. I wasn't very diligent about writing these though, so it's pretty patchy.

Each capsule starts with a quick general reaction to the place, followed by three sections:
1. Things to See and Do - fairly self-explanatory, but these are places that I think are worth visiting. A lot of the places to see and do in various guidebooks are listed in order to be comprehensive, but often don't suggest what's best. I am always with an opinion. So I do. Hahha
2. The List - it would be better for a person who has lived in these places to put together a list of cool spots to hit up for food or massages or whatever, but you're not going to live there, and I only had a few days. But these places/things made an impression on me.
3. World-wise wisdom - some things are unavoidable when traveling. Like getting ripped off. But you can try to prevent it, and I include a few pieces of hard-won traveler's experience in this section.

Like I said, I didn't do many of these, but those that I did get done while on the trip, I'm planning on putting up periodically over the next couple weeks. Check back to find out more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment